- Oracle : How to delete a database with RMAN July 13th, 2012
If you have an environment in which you have to constantly delete databases, or even if you just want to decommission one Database, the most secure way to remove the corresponding files instead of using the rm command is to use the RMAN command DROP DATABASE
If you are using a ... Read more about this post
- Oracle : A quick Tip for when you run into Error ORA-00600:  while doing flashback database July 09th, 2012
Here is a quick tip for when you run into error ORA-00600: , this error points to that a block’s SCN is higher than the Database SCN, this can mean that there can exist a physical corruption in your Database, and I won’t say here on how to solve this, ... Read more about this post
- Script : Starting up or Shutting down Databases in a Non RAC environment July 05th, 2012
So RAC has a pretty cool tool called Server Control or better known as srvctl, with this you can manage the services in a RAC farm, and one of the sometimes and much needed is when you have several ORACLE_HOMEs and you only need to shutdown one, as you are ... Read more about this post
- Applying a SQL Profile and the ORA-13786 error July 03rd, 2012
Here is a quick tip that mainly comes from an OEM bug.
In OEM you had a tuning task, and the result of this tuning tasks is advising you that if you apply a profile you go from a Full table scan to a Parallel Execution of the FTS , reducing ... Read more about this post
- RMAN: Report Details of Backups June 20th, 2012
So the other I was asked for a report regarding the backups in RMAN, so this query below helped me to give the needed details of the RMAN backups that we have.
So I connected to the RMAN catalog and executed the query below, goes to say that I was only ... Read more about this post