Aquí es donde encontrarás mis últimas entradas de mi blog en Español, donde escribo sobre Oracle, Cassandra, Tech y a veces otras aventuras de la vida.
- Kubernetes 101: Understanding what is K8s (The Hardware Edition) October 22nd, 2021
Lately I have been testing the GC project “El Carro” and it came to light that I hadn’t done a 101 of Kubernetes or also known as K8s and following Christine’s post on learning something new, I think this can help out newcomers. I will be doing a couple of ...Lee mas acerca de este tema
- How To Do An Out of Place Patching In ExaCC via dbaascli October 13th, 2021
This will be a small post on how to do an Out of Place Patching for your database in an ExaCC environment. The documentations shows how to do it via the console, but in this example it will be a 19.11 patch via dbaascli that will be applied to the ...Lee mas acerca de este tema
- How To Continue A GI Patch In EXACC When It Has Failed In Node 1 September 30th, 2021
This week we had an issue when we were patching and EXACC Grid Infrastructure from 19.10 to 19.11 and the patching died when it was running the postpatch on node 1 and left the patch in a weird “ROLLING PATCH” mode as it hadn’t finished the 19.11 patching (rootcrs.sh -postpatch) ...Lee mas acerca de este tema
- How an ORA-01102 Error Drove Me Nuts in a 19c Environment and How It Was Fixed August 04th, 2021
This blog post is part rant and part on how I was able to fix an issue in the second instance that was failing with ORA-01102: cannot mount database in EXCLUSIVE mode when trying to start it up.
Yesterday a teamate mentioned to me that when he was trying to bring up ...Lee mas acerca de este tema
- ORA-00600 [kcbtse_encdec_tbsblk_1] When Duplicating PDB IN 19C July 29th, 2021
Seems that lately I have been getting all of the ORA-00600 errors possible when duplicating databases, and this is just another one in the list. This will be a very short blog post on how I worked around ORA-00600 when duplicating a PDB and TDE is enabled in the ...Lee mas acerca de este tema
- ORA-00600 [kpdbHashTableIns:dup] When Creating PDB in 19c July 08th, 2021
This week I was involved in an issue with a QA pluggable database refresh that is critical to business, where after the PDB clone to the QA container caused an ORA-00600 error and then the container crashed and it was not possible to start it, failing with the same ...Lee mas acerca de este tema
- OCI : Script to Scale Up/Down OCPUs in ExaCC May 10th, 2021
I will start this post that the script I am talking about might already be somewhere out there and even in a better version, but myself I couldn’t find it and I needed something that I could quickly put in cron.
The script I wrote is called oci_ocpu_scale.zsh and I can ...Lee mas acerca de este tema
- Patching EM 13c to Release Unit 22.214.171.124 April 28th, 2021
This will be a small blog post to help you patch your EM 13c environment to the latest release unit, which is 126.96.36.199. Which I highly recommend, as it fixes a bug (32288282) if you are planning to upgrade from EM 13.4 to 13.5.
The first thing is to download the ...Lee mas acerca de este tema
- 2Q21: The Year I Joined Eclipsys April 27th, 2021
For some, this past year has been full of doubts, fears, loneliness, and even loss. I count myself as part of these “some”. But like anything in life, it has also been filled with life, happiness, and some of the greatest experiences I have had in my 42-year life.
One of ...Lee mas acerca de este tema
- 101 SERIES OF ORACLE IN GOOGLE CLOUD – PART IV : Setup an NFS Mount from a GCP Filestore for RMAN Backups April 20th, 2021
Staying with the GCP 101 series, I will now explain how you setup an NFS mount from a GCP filestore for RMAN backups.
I want to keep on mentioning that first you should check with Oracle and your licensing rep on what is supported and licensed before doing any of this ...Lee mas acerca de este tema
- 101 Series Of Oracle In Google Cloud – Part III : Using GCP Snapshots To Clone a DB In A VM April 15th, 2021
Continuing on the GCP 101 series, I will explain how you use GCP Disk Snapshots to clone a DB in a GCP VM..
I again want to mention that first you should check with Oracle and your licensing rep on what is supported and licensed before doing any of this work.
I ...Lee mas acerca de este tema
- Lessons I Learned at Pythian March 25th, 2021
I want to start with the news that on Monday Mar 1st, I presented my resignation letter at Pythian, and after reading an article by Dave Rensin on his lessons learned at Google, I wanted to write my version of what I have learned at Pythian.
While I was making this ...Lee mas acerca de este tema
- How I Finished a GI OOP Patching From 19.6 to 19.8 After Facing cluutil: No Such File or Directory and clsrsc-740 Errors November 24th, 2020
This past weekend I was doing a production grid infrastructure(GI) Out Of Place Patching (OOP) from 19.6 to 19.8 for a client and while doing this exercise, I hit several bugs along the way (Bugs 20785766 and 27554103).
This blog post is how I solved them and hope it saves you ...Lee mas acerca de este tema
- How I Finished a Recovery From an Active Duplicate After Facing Errors ORA-19909 and ORA-01110 November 12th, 2020
The other day I was doing a database cloning in 188.8.131.52, from an active duplicate and got the following error ORA-19909: datafile 1 belongs to an orphan incarnation and ORA-01110: data file 1.
This is a blog post on how I solved these errors. It is worth mentioning that what I ...Lee mas acerca de este tema
- Converting Oracle Enterprise Manager Management Service (OMS) Repository From Legacy Non-CDB to CDB Architecture November 10th, 2020
The other day I was given the task of converting a single instance Oracle Enterprise Manager Management Service (OMS) Repository from legacy non-CDB (Container DataBase) to CDB architecture, and you will see that the steps are basically the same as converting a regular database, but just putting together all the ...Lee mas acerca de este tema