So the other day I was running an incremental backup in a Database that had been recently cloned, when I was running the backup, the following error showed up:
As you might remember if you clone a Database without RMAN, you have to use the new DBID utility to change the Database ID, so just to be on the safe side the first thing I did was try and verify that DBID for the cloned Database didn’t match the source Database, which was the case.
What really had me going was exactly this, that the information in the data dictionary was showing me that the the DBID (3024984012) was the correct one, in the trace file nothing was pointing me besides the error shown at the beginning of the post, that the DBID was incorrect.
So digging a little bit more, I came to find out that the erroneous DBID was coming from the block change tracking file (BCT)
Once I noticed that it was this file that it was causing the error, the only thing I needed to do was recreate the BCT file and voilà, problem solved 🙂
I hope this tip helps you along if you ever face it, also I want to annex to this post a great article that helped me to sort this issue out by Alex Gorbachev from the Pythian group, it can really help out when trying to understand the BCT file