- Upgrade Oracle GI from 12.1 to 18.5 fails and leaves CRS with status of Upgrade Final April 20th, 2019
A couple of weeks ago I was working on a two node Oracle Grid Infrastructure upgrade from 12.1 to 18.5 and everything was going great as both rootupgrade.sh scripts ran correctly, so the only thing pending to run was the gridSetup.sh -executeConfigTools command, but that failed in the ... Read more about this post
- Error ORA-01033 after doing a switchover in a 12.1 RAC environment April 10th, 2017
I am mostly writing this so I don’t forget , it will be a small post. The other day I did a switchover in a RAC environment , which went pretty smooth , but after doing the switchover in the primary I kept getting the following error :
select dest_name,status,error ... Read more about this post
- ORA-30926 while using impdp over a database link January 22nd, 2017
The other day I was doing an import using impdp in 220.127.116.11 , and got the following error ORA-30926: unable to get a stable set of rows in the source tables.
Starting "SYS_PYTHIAN"."SYS_IMPORT_TABLE_03": sys_pythian/******** parfile=table_import.par
Processing object type TABLE_EXPORT/TABLE/TABLE
Processing object type TABLE_EXPORT/TABLE/GRANT/OWNER_GRANT/OBJECT_GRANT
Processing object type TABLE_EXPORT/TABLE/COMMENT
Processing object type ... Read more about this post
- RMAN and archived redo log failover November 09th, 2016
This is something that you might have already known, but it’s a cool thing when using RMAN that I want to show you.
As you may know Oracle Database has a feature called archived redo log failover, this feature allows RMAN to backup successfully the archived redo logs when you have at least ... Read more about this post
- ORA-1830 / ORA-06512 While upgrading to 18.104.22.168 October 16th, 2016
The other day I was running an upgrade for a client that is using ACLs ( Access Control Lists) from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199, and if you have been doing upgrades to 12c, you know that when running the catctl.pl -n 4 catupgrd.sql it entails 73 steps. So this upgrade failed in step ... Read more about this post
- OTN Appreciation Day : Recovering Tables and Table Partitions from RMAN Backups October 11th, 2016
As some of you may know , one of my very first errors back when I was using Oracle RDBMS 9.2 was to drop a table from production instead of development just for not following FIT-ACER , but back then recovering a table was not as easy , as you ... Read more about this post
- Error in EM12c using emcli create_service_template September 29th, 2015
This will be a small post regarding creating an error I had today regarding Schema as a Service template with EM12c emcli . While creating today a service template , I had an error that showed me nothing more or where I could look for it “Validation error(s) occurred. Resolve ... Read more about this post
- Are you ready to be a private cloud service provider? August 19th, 2015
When defining what is a cloud service, we need to know that it is not a technology per se, but its an architectural and operational paradigm. It is a self-service computing environment offering the ability to create, consume and pay for services. In this architecture, computing resources are elastically supplied from a ... Read more about this post
- EM12c : Login to GUI with the correct password causes authentication failure May 19th, 2015
So the other day I was trying to login to my EM12c R4 environment with the SSA_ADMINISTRATOR user, and I got the error :
Authentication failed. If problem persists, contact your system administrator.
I was quite sure that the password that I had was correct, so I tried with the SYSMAN user ... Read more about this post
- Quick Tip : oracle user ulimit doesn’t reflect value on /etc/security/limits.conf May 01st, 2015
So the other day I was trying to do a fresh installation of a new Oracle EM12cR4 in a local VM, and as I was doing it with the DB 12c, I decided to use the Oracle preinstall RPM to ease my installation of the OMS repository database
- Oracle SQLcl , The Future of SQL*Plus ! March 06th, 2015
In December of 2014 the team of Oracle SQLDeveloper released a beta version of an Oracle tool called SQLcl, which in a nutshell, is the engine of SQL * Plus that belongs to SQLDeveloper, and the truth since I saw it, I fell in love with this little tool.
This tool can ... Read more about this post
- My First IOUG #PlugInToVegas for Collaborate 2015 February 05th, 2015
So today I received an email from @IOUG that my session in this year’s Collaborate ( 556: Architecting your own DBaaS in a Private Cloud with EM12c ) was going to be part of the virtual conference , and even ... Read more about this post
- IOUG Cloud SIG Webinar – Oracle Multitenant: The Beating Heart Of DBaaS December 07th, 2014
As you might already know, I am the Web Events Chair for IOUG’s Cloud SIG and we are starting our Webinar series , and you really don’t want to miss hearing how DBaaS and Private Clouds go hand in hand. Also now that I got your attention, I would like ... Read more about this post
- OOW14 : What to do and What to See at Open World 2014 September 17th, 2014
It is that time of the year where you can smell it in the air, the leaves are falling, days are getting shorter , the air is getting a bit colder on the Northern hemisphere of the world , and it can only mean one thing, that Open World is ... Read more about this post
- Oracle 12cR1: It’s here! Oracle Database In-Memory August 06th, 2014
In the last weeks, it was officially launched the latest version of the Database 12c (188.8.131.52.0), and the peculiarity of this version is the inclusion of a new database technology that implements in memory a new format of columnar data , to deliver extremely fast processing SQL.
Among the first questions ... Read more about this post