This is where you will find my latest Blog posts in English, where I blog about Oracle,Cassandra,Tech and sometimes other Life experiences
- Automatic Flashback Of Standby Database in Oracle 19c October 26th, 2020
Oracle 19c DataGuard introduced a very cool feature which is the ability to flashback your standby automatically if you flashback your primary.
The first thing I do in this test scenario is create a table called rene.test.
## Primary Database
SQL> create table rene.test( name varchar2(100), num number) ;
for x in ... Read more about this post
- Silent Rollback From an Out Of Place Patching For Oracle 19c GI October 09th, 2020
My last post was on how to do an Out Of Place Patching for Oracle GI. The next thing that I wanted to try was the rollback procedure for this methodology, but as I searched in MOS and the Oracle documentation, I couldn’t find how to rollback from it using ... Read more about this post
- Silent Out Of Place Patching for ORACLE 19c GI October 08th, 2020
I am going through a process of patching an Oracle Grid Infrastructure from 19.6 to 19.8 (Patch 31305339) and I wanted to try out Out Of Place Patching (OOP) for it, but since I don’t have access to their GUI environment, I proceeded to use the silent option. Below is ... Read more about this post
- OPATCHAUTO Bug on 19.3 GI/RDBMS when Patching to 19.6 October 06th, 2020
The other day I was doing a fresh install of Oracle 19.3, using the binaries from edelivery , and doing some testing in that version and then patch it to 19.6. The installation and the tests went fine. What I did next is proceed with the analyze of the patch ... Read more about this post
- EM 13c : Patching EM with Release 4 Update 6 (18.104.22.168) September 28th, 2020
This week I had the opportunity to path EM 13c with Release 4 Update 6 (22.214.171.124) and I won’t lie, this post is more for me than anything else, so that I have in handy the steps I took to patch EM. One of the things I did prior to ... Read more about this post
- Error ORA-28353: failed to open wallet after applying October 2018 BP for 126.96.36.199 or upgrade to 12/18 or 19c September 25th, 2020
So this is a post that was in draft mode for almost 1.5 years. But even though that I know most clients are no longer in 188.8.131.52 , this is valid for anyone that still are and are thinking of an upgrade from 11.2 to 12/18/19.
I had been doing several ... Read more about this post
- ORA-01722 while upgrading from 12.2 to 19.7 with different DST versions September 24th, 2020
This will be a short entry, but hopefully it will help you if you face the error ORA-01722 while doing an upgrade .
Today I was doing an Oracle RDBMS upgrade from 12.2 with DST 34 to 19.7 with DST 35 and the upgrade failed with the error below.
Processing config ... Read more about this post
- 101 Series of Oracle in Google Cloud – Part II : Explaining how I Built the GCP VM with Ansible April 13th, 2020
I thank you for coming back to this series. I wrote a couple of weeks the first part of the series and I was going to write for part II the automation with Ansible of the first part. But since there is very little blog posts on how Ansible works ... Read more about this post
- 101 Series of Oracle in Google Cloud – Part I : Building ASM and Database April 04th, 2020
About a year ago I worked on a project with some awesome teammates (Simon Pane and Karun Dutt) to work on a POC to move their Oracle environment into Google Cloud. These are some of the things I learned and this series will guide whoever is wanting to test out ... Read more about this post
- While upgrading from GI 12c to 19c +asm1(19c) does not see +asm2(12c) March 29th, 2020
A few weeks ago I was working on a GI upgrade from 12.2 to 19.6, but after running the upgrade in node 1 +asm1(19c) does not see +asm2(12c) .
Below you will see what I did and how it was fixed.
I started running the prechecks and everything passed successfully.
$ ./cluvfy ... Read more about this post
- How to clone an Oracle Home in 19c March 28th, 2020
In Oracle 19c the way that we clone an Oracle Home has changed. Before you had to zip or tar the original ORACLE_HOME , untar to the desired location and use the script clone.pl. So it you try to use it in 19c you will get the message below:
$ ... Read more about this post
- Upgrade Oracle GI from 12.1 to 18.5 fails and leaves CRS with status of Upgrade Final April 20th, 2019
A couple of weeks ago I was working on a two node Oracle Grid Infrastructure upgrade from 12.1 to 18.5 and everything was going great as both rootupgrade.sh scripts ran correctly, so the only thing pending to run was the gridSetup.sh -executeConfigTools command, but that failed in the rhprepos upgradeSchema ... Read more about this post
- Creating a 12.2 Oracle Cloud Service January 26th, 2018
Back in late June of 2015, Larry Ellison launched several public cloud services , and one of those who were included was the Public DBaaS , today I had the opportunity to try out this new service and here we will go into how to create it and how to ... Read more about this post
- EM13cR2 Installation Failing on BI Publisher configuration June 21st, 2017
This is going to be a short post as there wasn’t much information on this type of failure when searching for it.
I was working on an Oracle EM13cR2 installation and when the installation reached 78% it failed on the BI Publisher configuration .
I first looked at the CfmLogger log.
INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:WLST ... Read more about this post
- Error ORA-01033 after doing a switchover in a 12.1 RAC environment April 10th, 2017
I am mostly writing this so I don’t forget , it will be a small post. The other day I did a switchover in a RAC environment , which went pretty smooth , but after doing the switchover in the primary I kept getting the following error :
select dest_name,status,error from ... Read more about this post