This is where you will find my latest Blog posts in English, where I blog about Oracle,Cassandra,Tech and sometimes other Life experiences
- ORA-00600 [kcbtse_encdec_tbsblk_1] When Duplicating PDB IN 19C July 29th, 2021
Seems that lately I have been getting all of the ORA-00600 errors possible when duplicating databases, and this is just another one in the list. This will be a very short blog post on how I worked around ORA-00600 when duplicating a PDB and TDE is enabled in the ...Read more about this post
- ORA-00600 [kpdbHashTableIns:dup] When Creating PDB in 19c July 08th, 2021
This week I was involved in an issue with a QA pluggable database refresh that is critical to business, where after the PDB clone to the QA container caused an ORA-00600 error and then the container crashed and it was not possible to start it, failing with the same ...Read more about this post
- OCI : Script to Scale Up/Down OCPUs in ExaCC May 10th, 2021
I will start this post that the script I am talking about might already be somewhere out there and even in a better version, but myself I couldn’t find it and I needed something that I could quickly put in cron.
The script I wrote is called oci_ocpu_scale.zsh and I can ...Read more about this post
- Patching EM 13c to Release Unit 188.8.131.52 April 28th, 2021
This will be a small blog post to help you patch your EM 13c environment to the latest release unit, which is 184.108.40.206. Which I highly recommend, as it fixes a bug (32288282) if you are planning to upgrade from EM 13.4 to 13.5.
The first thing is to download the ...Read more about this post
- 2Q21: The Year I Joined Eclipsys April 27th, 2021
For some, this past year has been full of doubts, fears, loneliness, and even loss. I count myself as part of these “some”. But like anything in life, it has also been filled with life, happiness, and some of the greatest experiences I have had in my 42-year life.
One of ...Read more about this post
- 101 SERIES OF ORACLE IN GOOGLE CLOUD – PART IV : Setup an NFS Mount from a GCP Filestore for RMAN Backups April 20th, 2021
Staying with the GCP 101 series, I will now explain how you setup an NFS mount from a GCP filestore for RMAN backups.
I want to keep on mentioning that first you should check with Oracle and your licensing rep on what is supported and licensed before doing any of this ...Read more about this post
- 101 Series Of Oracle In Google Cloud – Part III : Using GCP Snapshots To Clone a DB In A VM April 15th, 2021
Continuing on the GCP 101 series, I will explain how you use GCP Disk Snapshots to clone a DB in a GCP VM..
I again want to mention that first you should check with Oracle and your licensing rep on what is supported and licensed before doing any of this work.
I ...Read more about this post
- Lessons I Learned at Pythian March 25th, 2021
I want to start with the news that on Monday Mar 1st, I presented my resignation letter at Pythian, and after reading an article by Dave Rensin on his lessons learned at Google, I wanted to write my version of what I have learned at Pythian.
While I was making this ...Read more about this post
- How I Finished a GI OOP Patching From 19.6 to 19.8 After Facing cluutil: No Such File or Directory and clsrsc-740 Errors November 24th, 2020
This past weekend I was doing a production grid infrastructure(GI) Out Of Place Patching (OOP) from 19.6 to 19.8 for a client and while doing this exercise, I hit several bugs along the way (Bugs 20785766 and 27554103).
This blog post is how I solved them and hope it saves you ...Read more about this post
- How I Finished a Recovery From an Active Duplicate After Facing Errors ORA-19909 and ORA-01110 November 12th, 2020
The other day I was doing a database cloning in 220.127.116.11, from an active duplicate and got the following error ORA-19909: datafile 1 belongs to an orphan incarnation and ORA-01110: data file 1.
This is a blog post on how I solved these errors. It is worth mentioning that what I ...Read more about this post
- Converting Oracle Enterprise Manager Management Service (OMS) Repository From Legacy Non-CDB to CDB Architecture November 10th, 2020
The other day I was given the task of converting a single instance Oracle Enterprise Manager Management Service (OMS) Repository from legacy non-CDB (Container DataBase) to CDB architecture, and you will see that the steps are basically the same as converting a regular database, but just putting together all the ...Read more about this post
- TNS-12564 Errors and the Importance of the Parameter LOCAL_LISTENER During a Dataguard Switchover October 28th, 2020
A couple of weeks ago a client of mine had a situation where DataGuard (DG) switchover that should have taken 5 minutes, took over 1 hour in troubleshooting and resolution. Right after the switchover completed, their application had issues connecting to the database. What we found out was that the ...Read more about this post
- Automatic Flashback Of Standby Database in Oracle 19c October 26th, 2020
Oracle 19c DataGuard introduced a very cool feature which is the ability to flashback your standby automatically if you flashback your primary.
The first thing I do in this test scenario is create a table called rene.test.
## Primary Database
SQL> create table rene.test( name varchar2(100), num number) ;
for x in ...Read more about this post
- Silent Rollback From an Out Of Place Patching For Oracle 19c GI October 09th, 2020
My last post was on how to do an Out Of Place Patching for Oracle GI. The next thing that I wanted to try was the rollback procedure for this methodology, but as I searched in MOS and the Oracle documentation, I couldn’t find how to rollback from it using ...Read more about this post
- Silent Out Of Place Patching for ORACLE 19c GI October 08th, 2020
I am going through a process of patching an Oracle Grid Infrastructure from 19.6 to 19.8 (Patch 31305339) and I wanted to try out Out Of Place Patching (OOP) for it, but since I don’t have access to their GUI environment, I proceeded to use the silent option. Below is ...Read more about this post