This is where you will find my latest Blog posts in English, where I blog about Oracle,Cassandra,Tech and sometimes other Life experiences
- How I Finished a GI OOP Patching From 19.6 to 19.8 After Facing cluutil: No Such File or Directory and clsrsc-740 Errors November 24th, 2020
This past weekend I was doing a production grid infrastructure(GI) Out Of Place Patching (OOP) from 19.6 to 19.8 for a client and while doing this exercise, I hit several bugs along the way (Bugs 20785766 and 27554103).
This blog post is how I solved them and hope it saves you ... Read more about this post
- How I Finished a Recovery From an Active Duplicate After Facing Errors ORA-19909 and ORA-01110 November 12th, 2020
The other day I was doing a database cloning in 126.96.36.199, from an active duplicate and got the following error ORA-19909: datafile 1 belongs to an orphan incarnation and ORA-01110: data file 1.
This is a blog post on how I solved these errors. It is worth mentioning that what I ... Read more about this post
- Converting Oracle Enterprise Manager Management Service (OMS) Repository From Legacy Non-CDB to CDB Architecture November 10th, 2020
The other day I was given the task of converting a single instance Oracle Enterprise Manager Management Service (OMS) Repository from legacy non-CDB (Container DataBase) to CDB architecture, and you will see that the steps are basically the same as converting a regular database, but just putting together all the ... Read more about this post
- TNS-12564 Errors and the Importance of the Parameter LOCAL_LISTENER During a Dataguard Switchover October 28th, 2020
A couple of weeks ago a client of mine had a situation where DataGuard (DG) switchover that should have taken 5 minutes, took over 1 hour in troubleshooting and resolution. Right after the switchover completed, their application had issues connecting to the database. What we found out was that the ... Read more about this post
- Automatic Flashback Of Standby Database in Oracle 19c October 26th, 2020
Oracle 19c DataGuard introduced a very cool feature which is the ability to flashback your standby automatically if you flashback your primary.
The first thing I do in this test scenario is create a table called rene.test.
## Primary Database
SQL> create table rene.test( name varchar2(100), num number) ;
for x in ... Read more about this post
- Silent Rollback From an Out Of Place Patching For Oracle 19c GI October 09th, 2020
My last post was on how to do an Out Of Place Patching for Oracle GI. The next thing that I wanted to try was the rollback procedure for this methodology, but as I searched in MOS and the Oracle documentation, I couldn’t find how to rollback from it using ... Read more about this post
- Silent Out Of Place Patching for ORACLE 19c GI October 08th, 2020
I am going through a process of patching an Oracle Grid Infrastructure from 19.6 to 19.8 (Patch 31305339) and I wanted to try out Out Of Place Patching (OOP) for it, but since I don’t have access to their GUI environment, I proceeded to use the silent option. Below is ... Read more about this post
- OPATCHAUTO Bug on 19.3 GI/RDBMS when Patching to 19.6 October 06th, 2020
The other day I was doing a fresh install of Oracle 19.3, using the binaries from edelivery , and doing some testing in that version and then patch it to 19.6. The installation and the tests went fine. What I did next is proceed with the analyze of the patch ... Read more about this post
- EM 13c : Patching EM with Release 4 Update 6 (188.8.131.52) September 28th, 2020
This week I had the opportunity to path EM 13c with Release 4 Update 6 (184.108.40.206) and I won’t lie, this post is more for me than anything else, so that I have in handy the steps I took to patch EM. One of the things I did prior to ... Read more about this post
- Error ORA-28353: failed to open wallet after applying October 2018 BP for 220.127.116.11 or upgrade to 12/18 or 19c September 25th, 2020
So this is a post that was in draft mode for almost 1.5 years. But even though that I know most clients are no longer in 18.104.22.168 , this is valid for anyone that still are and are thinking of an upgrade from 11.2 to 12/18/19.
I had been doing several ... Read more about this post
- ORA-01722 while upgrading from 12.2 to 19.7 with different DST versions September 24th, 2020
This will be a short entry, but hopefully it will help you if you face the error ORA-01722 while doing an upgrade .
Today I was doing an Oracle RDBMS upgrade from 12.2 with DST 34 to 19.7 with DST 35 and the upgrade failed with the error below.
Processing config ... Read more about this post
- 101 Series of Oracle in Google Cloud – Part II : Explaining how I Built the GCP VM with Ansible April 13th, 2020
I thank you for coming back to this series. I wrote a couple of weeks the first part of the series and I was going to write for part II the automation with Ansible of the first part. But since there is very little blog posts on how Ansible works ... Read more about this post
- 101 Series of Oracle in Google Cloud – Part I : Building ASM and Database April 04th, 2020
About a year ago I worked on a project with some awesome teammates (Simon Pane and Karun Dutt) to work on a POC to move their Oracle environment into Google Cloud. These are some of the things I learned and this series will guide whoever is wanting to test out ... Read more about this post
- While upgrading from GI 12c to 19c +asm1(19c) does not see +asm2(12c) March 29th, 2020
A few weeks ago I was working on a GI upgrade from 12.2 to 19.6, but after running the upgrade in node 1 +asm1(19c) does not see +asm2(12c) .
Below you will see what I did and how it was fixed.
I started running the prechecks and everything passed successfully.
$ ./cluvfy ... Read more about this post
- How to clone an Oracle Home in 19c March 28th, 2020
In Oracle 19c the way that we clone an Oracle Home has changed. Before you had to zip or tar the original ORACLE_HOME , untar to the desired location and use the script clone.pl. So it you try to use it in 19c you will get the message below:
$ ... Read more about this post